- Director, Head of Business Advisory Services, HNH 2013- Present
- Director, Business Restructuring & Forensics Team, BDO 2007-2013
- Assistant Manager, Corporate Finance, Deloitte 2003 -2007
- James leads our Business Advisory Services division, overseeing Business Restructuring, Forensic Accounting and Business Intelligence.
- James is also the current Chair of R3 in Northern Ireland and has spent over 17 years working in the restructuring and advisory profession throughout the UK and Ireland. He has a detailed understanding of the different requirements of companies, lenders and investors and regularly advising stakeholders on all aspects of restructuring and advisory.
- James has extensive experience across both public and private sectors, being involved in a large range of project based business recovery and corporate finance work and provides strategic advice to both lending institutions and equity stakeholders. He also specialises in debt advisory assignments and has wide experience advising on multi bank and syndicate debt restructurings.
- Some of James’ notable formal insolvency appointments and turnarounds include:
- Administrator of Park Avenue Hotel Limited;
- Administrator of Cucco Retail Limited t/a Exhibit Clothing;
- Administrator of TB Lyttle & Sons t/a Lisnasure Interiors and Hanna & Browne;
- Administrator of Bio Kinetic Limited;
- Administrator of Servasport Limited;
- CVA of a retail store with 18 units throughout the UK and Ireland;
- Liquidator of Deals4U Limited;
- Liquidator of DCRNI Limited t/a The Potted Hen;
- Liquidator of The Production House NI Limited;
- Strategic advice to one of Irelands largest NI bar and restaurant chains;
- Various IBRs across a number of sectors; and
- Supervisor of a number of large CVAs within the construction, manufacturing, hospitality and retail sectors.
- Joint Insolvency Examination Board / Licensed Insolvency Practitioner
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Accredited Expert Witness
- MA Advanced Accounting
- BSc (Hons) Economics and Accounting
James is a licensed Insolvency Practitioner, Chartered Accountant and Accredited Expert Witness. He is also the current chair of R3 the association of business recovery professionals, an active member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association and the Chartered Institute of Accountants in Ireland.
Administration including exclusive GMS contract with largest sporting organisation in Ireland
ICT Support Services
Administration of clinical research company Bio-Kinetic Europe Limited involving complex data protection matters and sale of subsidiary as going concern.
Deal size - Undisclosed
Skunk Works Surf Company, surf boards and paddle boards
Pre-pack administration of Park Avenue Hotel Limited including sale of business as a going concern and saving of 50+ jobs