- Director, HNH 2019- Present
- Director and Head of Corporate Finance Central Scotland, KPMG 2015-2019
- Investment Director, Caird Capital 2010-2015
- Director, Bank of Scotland Integrated Finance 2006-2010
- Associate Director, Bank of Scotland Corporate Banking 2002-2006
- Associate, PwC 1997-2002
- Neal has spent 20 years working across each of accountancy practice, banking and private equity and has a detailed understanding of the different requirements of advisers, lenders and investors.
- He has worked with diverse stakeholders across privately owned companies to maximise value by developing and delivering strategy as well as by providing appropriate financing structures, and has worked as non-executive director and adviser to a number of boards. Deals included the sales of Furniture Village, Wimpy Restaurants, Red Funnel Ferries, Mono Global and Camira Fabrics.
- Since 2015 Neal has focused exclusively on working with privately owned SME businesses in Scotland, building on his UK wide network of funders and professionals and developing strong relationships with executive boards across Scotland. Most recently he has led the sales of both First Scottish Group and Walker Homes, and assisted Oregon Timber Frame in a shareholder reorganisation ahead of their subsequent sale to Barratt Homes.
- FCA, ICAEW member since 2000
- University of Leeds – BA in English Literature and Language, MA in American Studies
Advised management on an MBO and securing investment capital